IN CASE OF A BREAKDOWN
In case of a Breakdown, please follow the directions in the Agreement, as follows:
(1) Take immediate action to prevent further damage to Your vehicle. The Agreement will not cover damage caused by not securing a timely repair of the failed component (Continued operation).
(2) If it is dangerous to operate the Vehicle, or if operating the Vehicle may cause further damage, You must have the Vehicle towed. (Rideshare agreements include roadside assistance: (888) 585-2525)
(3) Take Your Vehicle to one of the Rideshare Guardian preferred partners (AAMCO / Big O Tires / Firestone / Merchants Tire and Auto Service / Midas / NTB / Pep Boys / or Tire Kingdom, or an automobile dealership, or if none of those are possible, to any state licensed automotive repair facility. (self-performed repairs are NOT covered)
(4) You or the repair facility must call the Administrators Claim Department at 1-855-292-9311 for approval prior to repairing or replacing any parts.
(5) You or the repair facility must provide an estimate of parts and labor costs to obtain approval. No claim payments will be made if the Claim Department has not issued a claim approval reference number prior to repairing or replacing of any parts.
(6) You must authorize any charge(s) necessary to determine the cause of failure. This includes necessary diagnostic and tear down charges. Note: If the failure is a covered breakdown under the terms of Your agreement, the diagnosis will be covered with the repair. If it is determined that the failure does not constitute a Breakdown under the terms of Your Agreement, you will be liable to pay for all diagnostic, tear down and repair charges.
(7) You must cooperate in the investigation of any breakdown. You must allow Us to have Your Vehicle inspected if We ask to do so. (We have no obligation to inspect Your Vehicle or to certify its condition before or after covered repairs are completed.)
(8) You must, upon request, provide to the Administrator and/or to the repair facility, all sales receipts, invoices, or work orders showing that the Vehicle has been properly serviced and/or maintained according to manufacturer’s specifications and/or provide documentation to prove ownership of the Vehicle.
(9) Within thirty (30) days of the repair, You or the Repair Facility must furnish the Administrator with copies of the repair order and other requested receipts or documents. You must submit an explanation of the Breakdown and repairs including an itemized, dated repair order and paid receipt(s), including any paid receipt(s) for substitute transportation and, if applicable, emergency roadside assistance expenses. All receipts must be in Your name and must show the date(s), Vehicle description, and odometer reading at the time of the Breakdown, and show Your Agreement number.